Monday, December 9, 2013

Thank you, K.

When I say that it is fortunate that I am writing this; I do not say it lightly. 

The fact that I have been able to wake up, get out of bed, get dressed, make breakfast, and other mundane tasks for over two weeks now (without crippling anxiety or depression) is magical.

To feel so free. So untethered. Clear. 
I could cry. I do.

I will never be able to adequately describe to anyone how it feels to be afraid of everything. To be trapped in your own mind. 

To have the dark veil I've been trying so desperately to peer through finally lifted is the most amazing feeling that I could have never imagined. 

I knew I was somewhere inside myself. 


Everything is quiet. Everything is beautiful. Everything is simple.

For so long:

My mind is strong...
Breathe in
My mind is strong...
Breathe in
My mind is strong...
And I finally believe it.



No comments:

Post a Comment